BOOST is pleased to announce that we have been awarded funds from Barnet Council to provide support to those residents in Barnet from vulnerable and/ or low-income households who may be facing hardship due to increasing energy and food costs.
BOOST can help residents in several ways including direct payments, vouchers for Supermarkets, Fuel, and essential white goods. We may also help you apply for alternative support such as Discretionary Housing Payments, Council Tax Discretionary Relief payments and/or Barnet Resident Support Funds (if eligible).
You can also access additional information about other local organizations that can offer advice and support in other ways by clicking the button below which will take you to the Barnet Council cost of living support page.
If you need help with the rising costs of living and meet the eligibility criteria below, please complete an application form by clicking on the button at the bottom of this page, please note that all questions are mandatory.
You must be:
• Aged 18-54. If you are aged 55 and over – PLEASE CONTACT AGE UK BARNET Website: Age UK Barnet Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 0208 203 5040
• A resident of the London Borough of Barnet
• Living in privately owned, privately rented, or social housing, but not in residential care.
• On a low income- for which we will need evidence.
You are NOT eligible if:
• You are living outside the UK
• Living in residential and/or permanent care
• In Prison
• In the UK unlawfully
• Have no residential connection to the London Borough of Barnet.
What eligibility evidence is required?
We want to help as many people as possible in genuine need so will need to see evidence of hardship faced and low income. Acceptable forms include:
• A recent bank statement,
• Any documents demonstrating hardship such as notice of arrears or demands for payments.
This is a discretionary fund, and we will look at each application on an individual basis, all conversations are confidential. Please refer to our Privacy Statement to understand how we process your data.
If you are unable to access this application online or are facing any issues, please visit Burnt Oak Library from Monday to Thursday, 09:00 AM-1:00 PM, and a staff member will help you with the application or call us on 0208 359 2442 (Monday to Friday, 09:00 AM-4:00 PM)
Application guidance notes:
The fund is primarily in place to support Barnet residents with essential living costs such as Energy, water bills, and the cost of food through Supermarket and Foodbank and fuel Vouchers.
• The Fund can be used to provide support with essentials linked to energy and water (including sanitary products, warm clothing, soap, blankets, boiler service/repair, and purchase of equipment including fridges, freezers, ovens, etc.)
• Wider essentials. This may include support with other bills including broadband or phone bills, clothing, and essential transport-related costs such as repairing a car (within reasonable costs), buying a bicycle, or paying for fuel for reasonable travel.
• Individuals in receipt of some other form of housing support could still qualify for the other elements of the Household Support Fund, such as food, energy, water, essentials linked to energy and water, and wider essentials.
• Help with housing-related costs or arrears will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The fund cannot be used for:
• The Fund cannot be used to provide mortgage support, though homeowners could still qualify for the other elements of the Fund (such as energy, food, water, essentials linked to energy and water, and wider essentials). When a homeowner is having difficulty with their mortgage payments, they should contact their lender as soon as possible to discuss their circumstances as lenders will have a set procedure to assist.
• Paying off multiple debts