Our Household Support Fund allocation is now fully spent. Currently we are waiting for updates on a possible new allocation. Visit our website or follow our socials for more information. Meanwhile, please have a look on the list of other organisations who might be able to help you:

If you or your client is 55 and over, please call Age UK Barnet and ask for the Household Support Fund Team on 020 8203 5040 or email Age UK Barnet at info@ageukbarnet.org.uk.

Resident Support Fund (formally known as Local Welfare Assistance Fund) contact them on 0208 359 4242 or email ResidentSupportFund@barnet.gov.uk. You can also make an application by going to the Barnet Council Resident Support Fund page.

If you or your client is a Parent (single/couple) please contact your local children centre: https://www.barnet.gov.uk/directories/childrens-centres.

Citizens Advice Barnet for legal advice and advocacy, send referrals to: emailadvice@barnetcab.org.uk (please note you need to ask the client’s permission first to do the referral). Or come to our walk-in sessions at Burnt Oak Library or High Barnet

Citizens Advice @ Boost: In a limited capacity, we offer in-person advice first come first served:
Tuesday and Wednesday,  9.00AM to 12.30PM at Burnt Oak Library, 99 Watling Ave Edgware, HA8 0UB.

Monday and Thursday, 9:00AM to 12:30PM at Grahame Park Library, The Concourse, Colindale, London, NW9 5XB

Jim’s Café - On a first-come-first-served basis, they offer an in-person advice from
9.30AM to 12.30PM on Wednesdays at St James Church, 71 East Barnet Road, New Barnet, EN4 8RN

Or Debt free Advice for debt advice, website: https://debtfreeadvice.com/ or call 0800 808 5700.

By registering with us you get access to all our free services:

- weekly job bulletin

- weekly webinars

- your own dedicated employment advisor

- get access to our skilled benefit advisors

- help with anything digital until it clicks

- services for 16-24 years old

Cost of Living Support – Get government support to help with the cost of living

For housing emergency contact Barnet Homes Housing Options on 0208 610 3539

Mental health crisis support:

If your work has been affected and you are worried about income, you might be able to claim benefits to support you and your household. The best advice is to complete a benefit calculation on www.entitledto.co.uk. At the end of this calculation, it will tell you what you might be entitled to claim. If you want to ask further questions please call 0208 359 2442.

Our Partners:

Citizens Advice Barnet call their helpline for advice: 0300 456 8365    

Twining Enterprise call their helpline for advice: 0300 123 7059

National Careers Service advice over the phone: 0800 100 900 .


BarnetWellbeing - Improve your mental and emotional health

Food Bank - Find your nearest food bank

Food Vouchers - Referral process; Burnt Oak Library

Entitled to - Benefit Calculator

Advice Local - search for local support about your finances and housing issues

Contact us

And we will get in touch as soon as possible.
184 Cricklewood Lane, London, NW2 2DX Burnt Oak Library, 99 Watling Ave Edgware, HA8 0UB
E-mail: boost@barnet.gov.uk Phone: 0208 359 2442